about Advisory Committee
Dan Rice is the President of the Thayer Leader Development Group and a Principal of the Historic Thayer Hotel. He is an experienced senior executive with financial and marketing experience across multiple industries and has co-founded several entrepreneurial companies. He speaks regularly about leadership and national security issues and has appeared on FOX News, CNN, TODAY SHOW, Bloomberg TV, MSNBC, FOX & Friends, and has been published in the Wall Street Journal and Small Wars Journal and is the Co-Author of “West Point Leadership: Profiles of Courage”, an award-winning coffee-table leadership book. The book received three Silver Benjamin Franklin Awards for Best Gift Book, Best Biography and Best First Book by the Independent Book Publishers Association in May 2014.
Dan has conceived and organized several efforts on behalf of the Thayer Hotel and the Thayer Leader Development Group. These include:
- 2010 Created and manages the Thayer Hotel Room Dedication Program
- 2011 Iranian Hostage and Delta Force Operation Eagle Claw 30th anniversary reunion at the Thayer Hotel
- 2012 Conceived of, created and installed 18 granite markers at the West Point Golf Course sponsored by the Thayer Hotel
- 2013 New York Stock Exchange Bell Ringing with West Point CEOs
- 2015-2018 NASDAQ Veterans Day Opening Bell with 60 Companies Taking the Pledge to Hire More Veterans
- 2016 Iranian Hostage 35th Reunion for the Super Bowl
Dan is graduate of West Point with a BS in National Security, holds an MBA from the Kellogg Graduate School of Business at Northwestern University, and is pursuing a MS in Marketing from Northwestern University (graduation December 2018). In 2004 he volunteered to rejoin the Army after over a decade out of uniform and deployed to Iraq as an Infantry officer based in Tikrit for over a year. In 2008 he served on the Congressionally funded “Project for National Security Reform”. He has been awarded the Purple Heart, Ranger Tab, Combat Action Badge, Airborne Badge and other awards.
-Thayer Development Group Inc.